Children of Great Yarmouth, we need YOU!
As you may know, we have been helping organise deliveries of donations of food and necessities to our local, community-run food banks during Covid-19. These are then made into food parcels and given to the vulnerable and elderly people of our borough who are self-isolating or cannot leave the house.
Covid-19 is a scary, lonely time for many, especially for a lot of people receiving the food parcels. We have decided to launch our #GYTogether campaign to help keep kids busy with creative activity whilst also putting smiles on the faces of those self-isolating and vulnerable, who might be lonely.
So, how will this work?
• Each week there be a new theme and we invite children to submit a drawing, short story or message relating to this theme. The short stories and messages should only be one side of an A4 page long.
• To reduce the amount of people handling the submissions, we ask that all submissions are posted to social media on the post where the theme is announced each week.
• All submissions will then be printed at Town Hall and included in packs to vulnerable and those self-isolating.
• No children should feature in the photos posted to our social media and parental permission is a must.
• Please add your child's first name and age to their entry.
• The Mayor will choose a winner each week from the submissions and it will be announced on social media. The winner will receive also a chocolate prize!
• Entries close every Sunday at 5pm.